Who can apply?
Within humanities Fondation Idella especially supports young artists, musicians, painters and sculptors who continue their education by studying abroad.
The Foundation accepts applications from students at the following institutions:
- Schools of Visual Arts at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Copenhagen
- The Royal Danish Academy of Music, Frederiksberg
- The Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus / Aalborg
- Danish National Academy of Music, Odense / Esbjerg
- Rhythmic Music Conservatory, Copenhagen
- The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts – Schools of Architecture, Design and Conservation
- Aarhus School of Architecture
- The National Film School of Denmark,
- The Danish National School of Performing Arts, Copenhagen.
You must be 35 years or younger when applying.
What do we support?
We place emphasis on the following criteria when considering applicants from the humanities:
- That you are actively studying in Denmark at one of the mentioned institutions.
- That you have already planned your stay and made arrangements with your contacts abroad.
- That you have applied for admission and/or received acceptance letters from the schools/institutions abroad or from professors and supervisors.
- That your project will benefit you professionally.
- That your stay abroad extends over a longer period of time.
You cannot apply for grants:
- If the amount you apply for is less than DKK 20,000.
- If the amount you are applying for is regarding studies in Denmark.
- If the amount you are applying for covers career-related activities, such as concerts, exhibitions etc.
- If your stay or project has already begun at the time of application.
And you will not receive a grant:
- If your application is not sufficiently documented or incomplete.
- If your stay abroad can be replaced or exchanged by a stay using other established education abroad programmes, such as Nordplus and the like.
- If you can obtain funding through a university fund for your stay, internship, for special study trips, ethnographic fieldwork, etc.
Please note that a travel grant can only be used for the specific purpose described in your application. If you receive additional grants and the total amount of all grants exceeds the total budget in your application, the excess amount will have to be repaid to Fondation Idella. The same applies if your grant exceeds your expenses.
Your grant will lapse if it has not been paid out to you within one year after the date of your donation letter. This is especially important in the situation where your project period is to be extended. Therefore, please contact us in advance of this date to have the extension approved.